In case you’re wondering who I am, here’s a list of random and not-so-random facts about yours truly.
- I teach high school English. Ninth grade to be exact. I teach both academic and honors levels.
- I coach my school’s varsity girls’ soccer team.
- I am taking classes to be certified as an EMT.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in English from Longwood University. Some of the best years of my life.
- I am married to a combat veteran who is now a night shift police officer.
- I have a one-year-old son who is half crazy, thanks to his genetics on both sides.
- I used to live in Hawaii, and I would cut off my right arm to go back. The beach is my life.
- I am a Christian, but not the bashing, forceful kind. I practice my faith, I hope to bring others to God through my words and actions, but I will never force you into believing what I believe.
- I am conservative (sort of a no-brainer, I guess). Pro-life, anti-legalization, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-founding fathers, pro female modesty…you name it. But again…no liberal/Democratic bashing here!
- I’m a very sensitive, emotional person that often feels things five times more than those around me.
- I have a serious case of wanderlust, and this results in my lack of satisfaction in many areas of life (with the exception of my love for my family). This means my job, my home, my style, my interests–nothing ever stays the same, and if it does, I want it to change. I’m constantly searching for a new adventure, but I am thankful for exactly where I’m at right now.
- I have been an athlete my entire life. After having my son, things definitely changed. I am always searching for ways to regain my athleticism, but I’m slowly starting to accept that being a mom and being an athlete don’t always go together.
- I’m always attempting to embark on the clean eating, gym rat thing. However, my longevity stinks. But, I try.
- My house is frequently a disaster, so in an effort to make myself better, I micromanage and super-organize every other aspect of life. If only my house looked like my work desk.
- I have cervical ribs (extra ribs above my T1 ribs) that cause me insane health issues. I’m supposed to go to neurosurgeon, but I haven’t yet. Basically, I know I have to get surgery, and I’ve got too many plans for that right now.
- I have three tattoos–one very large one on my back. I plan on more.
- I love fashion and interior design, but I don’t have time to implement these interests in my own closet and home. One day…
- I love cooking and baking, but most of the time I throw together a 30 minute meal before running off to coach soccer or in order to feed my husband before he leaves for work. Oh, the chaos.
And that’s the basics…and not so basics. Hope you enjoy my posts!